Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Bob Ross School

Once upon a time...a not so young (and NOT SO OLD!) girl went on a very long and arduous journey to a far off land...a land with happy trees and majestic mountains, and oil paints...BUT, let's start at the beginning, shall we?

Some dreams are long dreamt and planned and hoped for, but some just fall in your lap and seemingly magically come to fruition--going to the Bob Ross Workshop school in Florida was one of the latter. I didn't even know that such a thing existed, Bob Ross Certified Instructors, until someone causally mentioned it to me two years ago. Then I told a friend and my mother, both who pushed me and encouraged me to go, and so I found out more and saved money and made arrangements and before I knew it I was driving thousands of miles, first to Texas to drop of my kids and then on to Florida. 

Three glorious weeks living in a little shack right on the beach and spending the days painting to my hearts' content (I've never gotten to do so much art with so little interruption in all my life!!). It was fabulous!!!

In all I did 24 paintings in 15 days! Wowzas!!
This is a sunrise view just out side my door at the place I stayed in while I was in New Smyrna Beach, Florida.

One of my first mountain paintings at the Bob Ross Workshop Studio.

I loved how the waves were coming from different directions and intersecting each other, the patterns it made were beautiful!

When you walked out of my room there was a sand dune and right on the other side of that was the ocean. :) The sand is so fine and powdery! I walked along the beach to class most of the time I was there.


Here I am with my instructor, receiving my certificate after the first week (you get a certificate for each week, and a badge and certificate upon completion of the entire course)

Selfie skills.

I just loved this stormy sunset, it was AMAZING!

This was a really fun sea scape we did. I liked the sky part especially!

For this painting we were each supposed to pick a picture from a book and do it on our own. I really like how this one turned out!

This one was especially fun and surprisingly easy. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment